Monday, July 27, 2009

How To:

How To: Open a Tuna Fish Can When You Sent The Can Opener to Mount Pleasant With Ben



Step 1:
Hammer small holes into 1/2 the can - a small nail will work just fine.

Step 2: Drain out the water - or it will splash up into your face if you continue to hammer holes into it.
Step 3: Continue to hammer into the can with progressively larger holes -
Step 4: Once you've mutilated one slide of the lid - use the screw driver and the counter for leverage, and pry the lid up and the can open.
Clever girl.....

Step 5: Sterilize all tools cuz they are now a bio-hazard for Ben. ...

5 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

I'm just impressed that you'd go to that kind of length for a tuna sandwich.

caron said...

wow, me too. I would have called the neighbors before I got the hammer out. But I do love a good tuna sandwich... :)
But the neighbor solution wouldn't have had a third if the entertainment value of this here post.

Brentwell said...

On my mission I learned you can open a can with a spoon but a large kitchen knife is faster.

childishkim said...

Ben would KILL ME if i used our kitchen knives.

Hannah said...

That is awesome. Especially because we did not have a can opener when we moved because our old one broke and we threw it out, forgetting to buy another one until a week ago. So, Steven opened our cans with a knife, and yes, I wanted to kill him. But I also wanted to eat.