Sunday, December 20, 2009

How to Get Blood Stains out of Fabric

The title of this entry reflects some of the craziness of the last week or so.

First I want to say that things are really okay. Even though these are tales of madness - we are gearing up for christmas, trying to keep CHRIST in mind, doing crafts, cooking caramels, and poor Ben can't figure out what to get his wife :)

The picture below is a pot of sugar water and lemon peel. Yeah. Ben gets the tick to cook late at night - and earlier this week he wanted to make candied lemon things at like 11:30 at night. I managed to stay up with him until midnight - and had to keep taping him... 'ben you're falling asleep - go check your boiling pot'. And he'd jump up - stir - and fall right back to sleep. When I called it a day - "Ben i'm going to bed - you're asleep.... how are you going to finish this project?"
He looked at me through slits in his eyes and said 'I'll set an alarm' .
The Holy Ghost tried to warn me. As I was laying in bed he was telling me .... Don't leave Ben alone.... he won't wake up'.... but i didn't listen.
At 1 am I was awakened to Ben running this pot out the front door and being surrounded by smoke. Dudes, i'm not kidding. It was so bad. Eyes burning, throat stinging, cough cough cough cough. We would have to run in the house - open a window and run back out again. We put a box fan one of the windows and left them all open all night.
... still a little bit of a smokey smell.
Lesson - Ben now has a cooking curfew of 11pm and GET A FREAKING SMOKE DETECTOR!!


Wednesday night Reggie dug into Ben's backpack and ate an entire box of those chocolate raspberry sticks. Oi. There was 2 days of explosive dog diarrhea and we kept a rented rug doctor on stand by. Thank my lucky stars it happened on my day off.
There are no pictures for this event - for your benefit.
Lesson - Keep all food above waist height.

This mystery has been going on for several months. Ben will randomly get big cuts on the back of his left arm. I tried to show you here - and you can only see the new one - not all the old scars. Whats strange is Ben doesn't remember where/when/how he got these. And they are not just little paper cuts. How can you miss that??

This morning Ben woke up with another cut and I found a large blood stain on the bed! AAAHHH!!! This is what is looks like after Ben spit the heck out of it. It's on the side away from me.... there is nothing sharp on that side of the bed.... What the heck...
The only thing it could be is the zipper on my pillow --- but I"m not convinced that is what it is... It might be a paranormal experience. Whoa.

Google says that blood stains will come out with a tsp of dish soap and a cup of hydrogen peroxide and blot it out - wash in cold and hang to dry. Ben thinks spit works fine.

I'll let you know how it turns it out...

Lesson: Get some red sheets and a library book on ghosts.

No comments: