Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Judgement Day!!!


Hey, its Ben here. I know you aren't used to hearing from the other half of A Copacetic Life, but here I am. To what do we owe this appearance? you ask... Well, its due to the intersection of a couple of my favorite things, food and the fair.

Last year, some of you may recall, I entered a white bread in the state fair and won a second place ribbon (I still carry it around on my backpack). This year I have decided I can do better than that, but I have a major pharmacy assignment due a week after the state fair starts so I doubt I'll be able to do much then. Substitute the County Fair!!!

This morning I entered 3 breads I baked yesterday into the county fair. They are being judged right now. In one short day I will find out how I compare to other bakers in the county. The suspense is killing me.



This is my rye bread, the top is my french bread and pictured below is my (failed) White loaf bread. Wish me luck.


2 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

Super duper awesome! I wish I could eat those. I am in CA right now and I have an unbelievable aged goat cheese in the fridge....ooh those would be tasty together.

Brentwell said...

You have come a long way in your cooking abilities from when we tried to "build a cake" for an eighth grade project to now.