Friday, May 27, 2011

What we did today...

Long time no blog.
Big things going on here. I've had trouble to find spare time to blog. But! Right this minute I'm sitting with Ben in Portland Oregon at The Viking Motel. A comfortable little place for $50.
I'd like to show off just what we did today... though the pictures won't be in order.


Last night, we stayed at Mary Hill camp ground. Different from Utah camp sites with manicured lawns and showers and such. But we found a nice corner spot I nick-named the brier patch. Wasn't too crowed either.

Camping breakfast is the best. This morning was sausage and pancakes. (look mom! using your plates!)


The entire day was spent along the Columbia river gorge. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. Green and cool weather - and rained . A lot - off and on.
Me and Ben looking down on the gorge.


I am proud of my packing. Every morning I repack the lunch box.... in order to save money and I'd say it's working!
Beautiful green. We wanted to walk down a trail head but got a little lost - and ended up by the train tracks. I was thinking as we walked along.... what kind of crazy state makes a trail head along railroad tracks??... we just made a wrong turn.

Beautiful falls. There were several falls to visit along the way. Awesome!


I like the mossy walls
Holy crap. Look at this slug. HUGE. I think it's a banana slug. Longer then my pointer finger.
Brrrrr.
View of the gorge.

Having a good time! Another week to go!
Oh! And did I tell you? That we found a place to stay in Wenatchee. A cute little blue house, enclosed fence, washer and dryer, 2 bed rooms, a peach and plum tree, garage, on a dead end corner,... I. Love. it.

1 comment:

Amanda Fetters said...

I miss your freaking face. YAY! So glad you found a place to stay that you love.