Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break

For Ben's spring break we went 'Alpine Touring' at Beaver Mountain.
Yes Winter camping. And actually it wasn't bad at all! Skiing it self was quite warm! We wore short selves and I sun burned my nose. :) I was way fun.
This isn't the most flattering picture of K & B -but we're (sorta) rough-in it!

What's cool about Alpine's in they have skins on the bottom of the ski so you can 'climb' up the slopes and ski back down!
No body in sight! Very beautiful.
Yeah we camped in the snow - but it wasn't so bad. We had an air mattress - 4 sleeping bags and 3 blankets wrapped around me. ...yeah totally roughing it.
(Ben was ultra concerned about me having a good time cold camping....)

One of the reasons we consistently pick vacation in Logan is to visit the Muffins as much as we can before they move to a sun shine state. (...still don't know how I feel about that....btw :( )
So we would take frequent breaks in our camping agenda to 'drop by'.
...boy, Miss Lizzy was being (cute) crazy this weekend.


Ben was pretty mad he was in the back ground of these pictures.... Just so you all know he's like 3 inch beard came off this week. :)

1 comment:

Cougarg said...

I went downhill skiing a week and a half ago for the first time in 12 years, it was a blast! But I've never been cross country skiing before. I bet it was nice to be able to climb rises and such in those things. Trying to go up even the slightest incline on downhill skis involves the most awkward waddle/skating motion, and is only somewhat effective.