Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Guatemala!!

So my youngest brother got his mission call today! He's going to Guatemala!
It's going to be a very exciting mission for him and I really feel that he's going to love love love it. I am also glad that he opening his call feeling a strong spiritual conformation.

Tonight as I look at pictures of the people and the landscape - I'm kinda jealous!
Beautiful place with deep history. He doesn't leave until the first of December - so I'm sure there will be many more 'Guatemalan posts'.
"That kids sucks" (kim and jake joke.)

Guatemala is the home of the Mayan heritage! Won't it be cool to check out these ruins on a P-day?
Small town life will probably be the most memorable.
As Ben says - love the food. Where ever you go - love the food. This looks like pots of Salsa.
I'm excited for you Jake!

Quick Mike update - He has been transferred to 'Indiana, Pennsylvania' . Spitting distance from his last area. We haven't heard from his since his transfer - and were all WAY bummed out that we couldn't get him on the phone for Jake's mission call opening.
... Mike had this dream of buying a hippy van and driving out to pick up Jake from his mission. Not sure you can drive to Central America....

2 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

Yee haw!! Congrats, little bro.

Jodi said...

Cool! Guatemala would be such an exciting place to go.