Wednesday, September 16, 2009

...and I'm gunna win that blue ribbon...

Utah State Fair time.
Ben calls me last monday and says that he has just learned that there is still time to enter some goodies to be judged in the state fair. He has from Monday night to Wednesday at noon. The next couple of nights were a trial and error.... but here are the successes...
A beautiful rising white bread loaf...
Excellent motion capture in the Kitchen Aid ... whipping up the chocolate marshmallows
Finished results.....ready to be entered..
So Ben leaves school a little early to get down to the fair by Noon.

The next 24 hours are brutal.
I wake up Thursday morning at 8am and Ben is laying there on his back.... "someone knows the results".....
He'd been awake the last 2 hours.... like a kid at christmas morning. I drug my feet getting ready "...so don't you think we should swing by the store before we go to the fair?"
Poor Ben. :)

We rush back to the arts and crafts building ....aaaaannnnnddddd.....

4th place with Marshmallows - which was kinda a bummer....but still!
and 2nd place!! Excellent bread :)

He's already practicing what to make for next year.

1 comment:

dick said...

Congrats. I sincerely wish that I could have been present to see the whole process. Especially to see Ben lamenting that he had done such a terrible job only to do so well in the end!