Thursday, April 22, 2010

Last couple pix from DC

I've got just a couple last fun pictures to send out to the universe from our DC trip...

National American History Museum - Julia Child's kitchen! If you haven't see Julie and Julia - get on it. Meryl Streep should have won that award!
C3PO! The original!
One of my favorite places we saw... the National Cathedral. I really like the Gothic style castles.
Ben wants me to get him this poster.
Ninja Turtles!
This picture is great. We had some serious rental car problems. Like breaking down on the freeway and then in Old Alexandria. Broke down. This picture accurately shows our confusion. Took 3 ish hours to get a tow truck to come down with a new car. Kinda ridiculous. Don't rent a jeep.
Finally Gettysburg. Very impressive and solemn monuments.
I already expressed that I felt like I didn't have enough understanding and appreciation for such a place. Would be nice to go back after I've taken some time to study some more about it first.

1 comment:

Melissa Clark said...

Cool! I can't wait to go to DC. That is where Brian served a mission. He loves the place. You went at the right time! I bet it was beautiful there.