Friday, July 16, 2010

Raspberries

Our new place has raspberries. Their time is almost up -- and I'll miss the fruits of this bush. It was great to pick a bowl of berries A DAY and have them with morning breakfast or evening desert. Seriously, they will be missed.
The bushes are along the side of the house which is where the chickens live and provide a long grassy area for dogs to sniff. Over these weeks of berry picking, Reggie discovered that he likes raspberries. He'd stare up waiting for us to offer or drop one down to him. THEN the little neurons clicked in his big head... that those red dots on this bush are berries!!
I'll just get some myself!!
Here is Reg. Eating my raspberry bush. Good boy.

1 comment:

Amanda Fetters said...

Jealous! I swear raspberry bushes are the first thing I'll plant whenever we have a home. That and rhubarb. We had raspberries at Ramona's, remember? That was awesome.