Saturday, November 13, 2010

Between 2nd and Walnut street

Friday October 29th - Ben and I had a couple hours to kill Philadelphia.


The weather is luke warm, the leaves are pretty, and the streets are crowded. We had a few hours to spare before we were to meet up with Katey (our Philly host). So we found a park bench and decided to observe the natives. However boring this sounds, I think we laughed and giggled the whole time.

First was the "Party Ride". ...



The party bus was loads of fun. a gaggle of girls with sleeveless dresses in late October is amusing -not to mention they tuxedo-ed counter parts all had a "beverage" of their own.

After the party bus moved on, the creatures of the night appeared. Mind you this is Halloween weekend....



The Lizard man came back down the road about 15 minutes later and I asked him if I could take his picture. He says "wait wait..." and puts on his mask and claws and then starts hissing towards me.
....Dude, it's a picture. Not an audition.


Next was M. J. Who was all put out to pose. You dough head - don't come out dress like you want attention and then be mad when you get attention. This other kid (who actually looks like throw-back M.J.) is free loading on my photo opp.



This guy was hilarious. He originally came chasing Katey from across the street asking if she wanted a drink. Kinda freaked her out but he was a good sport.
"What? I dress like this every day?".. he says...


"People watching" is a past time I learned from my Dad. I remember hangin' at the ZCMI food court and Dad commenting on how people have different kinds of walks.
The people of down town Philadelphia are fun to watch. :)

No comments: