Sunday, November 28, 2010

A snow day


It's been snowing non stop all day. I kinda like it.
Thankfully I have a good man who will shovel the drive way and hang up the lights.

It's snowy!
B and me felt all grown up when we got our first snow shovel. Funny how we felt these trips to Home Depot for a hose/rake/drill/shovel/etc were milestones.

In the mean time, Tally and I snuggle in to our newly decorated tree. It's a black friday walmart tree we got like 3 years ago and is a good little tree. We've also figured out how to fill it up which makes it super shiny.
Today I also worked on my 'office christmas presents' - Banana Bread in a Can. I'll wrap it cute cute ribbon or something. It actually turned out really well!

Did I tell ya that the chicken strike is off? We tried EVERYTHING to please them - and I think what broke the strike was the agreement for a later curfew. Ben adjusted their light to turn off at 10p instead of 8p. Now we get 3 to 4 eggs a day! So great! My favorite part of that is 4 eggs a day from 4 chickens MEANS that little Winny - who we raised from a chick and survived 2 brutal attacks -- is all grown up, well adjusted, and reaching her full potential. (cuz one chicken can't make 2 eggs a day). ... I just wish I knew which one was hers!

1 comment:

Dan M. said...

Hens live about 10 years. So one hen year is like 8 human years. so right now your hens are like teenagers, complete with most of their social activity (ie egg-laying - it's crazy social) peaking in the evening. So that later curfew was obviously a great idea. In another year and a half they'll be thirty, and won't be so stubborn about these things. I learned all of this from Google and thinking about what I found on Google.