Thursday, June 23, 2011

Favorite parts of this week

Today is Thursday. Today I'm homeless. B and I spent all day yesterday and today packing up the trailer that would take us to Wenatchee and cleaning the West Vally duplex. I think we did a stinking good job!
But it's trippy to sit here and think about the adventure I'm about to embark. B and I have been saying that the last couple of days we have been experiencing and 'event'. Living an 'event'.
Now everything I own is stuffed (STUFFED) inside this 18 foot trailer.

For the last week B and I have also been unemployed! Which was needed for the packing and preparing. I don't feel like we have had more then and hour and a 1/2 to relax. But have done some pretty fun things too. One in particular was epic.
You know the game settlers of catan? We have been playing with my Dad at least once a month for about 5 years. Last sunday - fathers day- Dad won his first game!! Not because he wasn't able to before - but Ben is very hard to beat! It was perfect! (We DID NOT let him win either).

Another favorite part was getting new furniture. I know that Ikea isn't the HIGHEST brand every - but it's about our price range and I think it's pretty good stuff. We got a computer table, new kitchen table, lamp, front room rug, book shelf and egg timer :) We also had dinner at the Ikea resturant - DO NOT DO THAT. Awful. Really awful.

Moving is hard on dogs. Tally has been wigging out the whole time. Not happy that we kept moving and hiding her stuff. Reg however, just rolled with the punches. Ben rewarded him for his good behavior. Frozen steak! He looks pleased. Another board game night with friends - the Andrus's - was Agricola on Bills Bday. Because I'm ridiculous, I brought him some crazy balloons. Thanks to Andrus's for a fun friend night! And thanks to Jay for the extra goodies and additions to the game. :) We'll miss you!

Finally this is my new favorite mormon message :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l70e1TfN34w&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP4E784EC0770935C0

... As I'm experiencing epic change to look to what matters most.

3 comments:

Dan M. said...

I obviously don't know what Bill is saying on the phone in that picture, but in my mind it's something like, "What? The test results came back already? Terminal?! You know, for some reason I feel pretty okay..."

Amanda Fetters said...

I keep thinking about you guys + your move. CRAZY!

Cougarg said...

Thanks for coming to celebrate with us! I'm glad things are going well in Washington!
~ Bill and Amber