Monday, January 2, 2012

Annnnnnnnd.... we're back.

I'm not even going to try and catch up. :) We'll just say that last months have been BUSY. Vacation(s) were awesome but bittersweet.
On to the next.

Now that the dust is settling...
...Baby Awesome is center stage.

This is my favorite discovery over the break. And will be one of the first pictures I take :)
Next is this...


I only have 1/2 a room to work with but should be enough. The other day I had a mini panic attack and laid out everything I have in order to take stock. I'm trying to think in the mind set of only the first 3 to 4 months. There is a good chance we'll be moving again in 3 months ... so to prevent unnecessary packing - I'm only trying to gather up the essentials. BUT WHAT ARE THEY? :) (this is the opportunity to post useful help).

In other most recent news:
Ben starts a new rotation today at the hospital. The ICU. Ooooohhh. That should be interesting.

Yesterday I was released from young womens and now into the relief society secretary. Also should be interesting. I have be doing other things for so long... It's kinda new grounds for me.

Some sad news. We did have to send Reggie to heaven before the christmas break. It was one of the HARDEST things I've ever done and neither of us could talk about it for days with out loosing it. However, I don't doubt my choice. He was big time suffering from heart failure and it was best.
I'm sure I'll have more to say later.

So Tally is learning to be the "Main Dog". We've had to do strange things for her in order to accommodate Reg (ex: Tally won't drink out of Reg's water - i'm guessing because of the floaties... so we would stop up the bath tub and fill it up just a bit for her water. When she was thirsty she'd jump in and out of the bath tub to let us know.) No more of that ridiculousness. Your own bowl.
It's tough being the Main Dog.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

essentials... diapers/wipes. A few clothes (be prepared for blowouts and spit up). Something to put the baby in to sleep. Possibly a baby carrier if you have a fussy baby who doesn't like to sleep or if you'd like to get anything done with 2 hands. (I have all sorts of recommendations in baby carrier land). Cloth diaper (birdseye) burp rags. Car seat. A couple of blankets- one that is big enough for swaddling. A stroller is probably nice as well. I'm not sure there are many more essentials...

I'm so excited for you Kim!

Hannah said...

I agree with Carrie, and I think you'll find a lot less to be "essential" than you might think. A great baby carrier like a Moby Wrap or something similar is a MUST.

Sorry about Reggie. :(

Christy said...

Go check out this book from the library..."Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" by Marc Weissbluth and get a swaddling blanket.

I followed his sleep reccommedations and Emily has been sleeping through the night for 12-13 hours straight since she was 3 1/2 months old.

This was essential for me because I function 5 million times better when I get a full nights sleep. :)

Melissa said...

So sorry to hear about Reg! I will miss his cute pictures! As for baby essentials, I loved having a rocking chair for nursing, a play pen, or Pack-n-play is really helpful if you are away from home very much. Polar fleece blankets are awesome in cold weather because they are really warm without much bulk, depending on how well the little one sleeps, a baby swing or vibrating chair could be a lifesaver! I had a baby carrier that was a wrap that I really loved because it kept the baby close and snuggly! I liked my Stroller that the baby seat would hook right onto as well. If I think of anything else, I will let you know!
Sorry again about Reggie! We miss you guys!

Michele said...

So lots of good advice on the basics for Baby Awesome - I'm a little choked up about Reggie though. As slow as you claim to be about blogging, I'm even slower to read them, so I just discovered this event that happened months ago - it's sort of like the Hubble floating out there in space and taking pictures of stuff that happened eons ago but it seems like right now to us silly earthlings (sorry for the tangent there). Well anyway, poor Reggie is better now and your tummy probably didn't need the cleaning up after him you would have had to do for the last couple of months....