Sunday, January 2, 2011

Back up your hard drive

Happy Holidays every one.
The last few weeks have been up and down - but mostly up. One down thing that happened was the death - or stroke - of my lap top. Sadly containing all my pictures. We do have Ben's lap top -- so we are still able to connect with the outside world.... but the loss of 3 yrs of pictures is painful. I try not to think about it and am thankful for what I have posted to the blog! Memories not lost - but stored in the web forever.
Friends, back up your hard drives.

2011 brings many good things for the Sharples family - including graduation! 4 1/2 months and counting ! Ben has put in his applications for some residencies and now we just have our fingers crossed.

In other news, Reg is still alive. We believe he had a seizure last week which was very sad and we have kept a close eye on him. I have wanted to make him a sweater forever - so I thought I better get on it before he totally kicks the bucket.


Whatcha think?

2 comments:

Melissa said...

So Sorry about your Pictures! you should look into a mirrored external drive. Matt made us one of those. It's two hard drives that mimic each other so that if one crashes, the other still has all the info.
Also, I love Reggie's sweater! It was so good to see you this weekend! Good luck finding out about your residency!

Carrie said...

My dear husband has removing data from hard drives capabilities. Shoot me an email with some details and I can forward it on to him to see if it really is beyond the point of no return. Losing 3 years of pictures would make me SO sad!