Tuesday, August 9, 2011

America

Ben and I have been calling Costco - "America". Because it seems to represent the "American dream" of bigger is better. We rarely went to Costco in SLC - but before leaving Ben acquired us a Costco card and now we feel like adults. When ever we go-- we spend most of our time laughing and making fun at the size of the mustard bottles and the quantity of things. This gave us a good laugh.... prego sized bucket of pickles.

But every once and a while at Costco - you strike gold. It has been no secret that I want a wagon and we have been on the prowl for one for several months. And then... saturday.... we found it!

GLORIOUS. Yes, the main reason I wanted one was so I could pull Reg around in it. He's just not up for walking any more. BUT! The best part is it collapses in the middle to be no bigger then a stroller making it SSOOO portable. It has cup holders, extra pockets on the out and side, handles 100lbs, and is a smooth ride. Reg was right at home. Like taking a senior citizen a walk in the park in his wheel chair.
He wasn't jittery or wiggle around...he prolly thought this is his how nature intended it.
We did of course get him out to enjoy the scenery. This is the Columbia River, very high in August. Less then a mile from our house.

8 Weeks along now, and I've decided this is me and baby's new theme song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDwOFThiNnA

3 comments:

Hannah said...

An all around awesome post! Does the song mean you are feeling slightly better?? I started playing it and Nate immediately started grooving. :)

Amanda Fetters said...

OH MY GOSH, I totally looked up that SAME VIDEO (well, song) earlier today and we were all rocking around + Lizzy was saying, "gittup offa that thang!" with great fluency.

awesome wagon. i love it.

LRH said...

I'm trying to avoid Costco membership as long as possible. I'm hoping to make it past the 2 kids mark. :) I guess I'm weird like that. Or used to having no space.