Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Master Chef


I'm learning that when you are pregnant - food is no longer a treat but a chore. I'm past the tossing-my-cookies stage (I believe). I can eat more or less - with out any negative side effects. However, not very much and I've lost a lot of my appetite. Which makes eating a chore - because I know I need to be consuming x-amount of diary/veg/grain/fruits/water/etc. ACK!? No human can eat that much! (who is not an Olympic athlete.) The chore being what can I eat now that won't stunt the growth of my blueberry?

One thing we have invented is this: Smoothy: oj, cranberry/pomegranate juice, frozen pineapple/mango/blueberry/raspberries, yogurt, cucumbers, kale leaves, and fax seed. WOO! Check. :)

Have you hear of Master Chef?



(Skip to 4:22 for challenge)
Yet another cooking show. Part of the game show, is the 'mystery box challenge'. They are surprised with a set of ingredigents and one hour to make it into something. Other then I want to punch Gordon Ramsey in the face - it's fun show. I decided Ben should do a mystery box challenge!
I skipped ahead to the next episode, gathered the ingredients and said "Ben - you have one hour to create something STUNNING" (what stupid Gordon Ramsey says). (the video above is the 1st episode.)


His ingredients were potatoes, rice, ground beef and pork, carrots and celery, peas, and peppers. (plus some other cooking stuff).
Master Chef!

Ben made amazing meat balls/plus bell peppers stuff with the same yummy meat, Parmesan cheese crisps, peas puree', and excellent potatoes.
On another subject - Been playing board games the last couple days because B and I have colds. This is my agricola high score :) Agricola is ben's new obsession :)

AND! I wonder whose christmas present this is!? :)

3 comments:

Hannah said...

I agree that eating is a chore!!! And I love MasterChef, and I hope that beautiful blue ball of yarn is for ME! But I bet it isn't. LOL

Christy said...

what are some good board games for 2? most of my favorites require more than 2 players which means i can't play them very often!

LRH said...

I am amazed you can eat well at all. I ate very poorly for at least 2 months. It was better than not eating at all! But I still felt bad about the lack of veg/fruit. Hopefully baby will turn out all right. I am so jealous you have a husband that likes to cook. That must help a lot!