Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tally's 3rd Birthday - Observed





Happy Birthday Tally! One year ago I got my very first dog. I never had a pup as a kid and my Dad would say when you move out you can have one of your own.
So one year ago I was visiting a family that I was trying to match in the BBBSU program. This was a very poor family and lived in very small apartment. When I was visiting them, there was a little gray dog whose hair was over grown, matted and dirty. She was so sweet! The family told me that they had found her 6 months ago and were unable to keep her any longer. Ben and I went to pick her up on July 16th 2007. She didn't put up any fuss to come home with us and it's been so fun to watch her little personality come out.

Yesterday (because ben is at work today) we had a mini birthday party for Tally with brownies and bone. ....yeah I'm dumb but simple pleasures are what make up the joys in life. Right?

1 comment:

Amanda Fetters said...

[singing] Happy, happy birthday, doggy dear, happy days will come to you all year! If I had one wish then it would be: a happy doggy birthday to you from me!

Love the hats.