Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Day for Presidents

Happy Day of Presidents! Oh, and Valentine's Day. :) Ben and Kim mostly celebrated a 3 day weekend. Ben reserved us a room a couple weeks in advance (how prepared is he!) Then the night before... realized that he couldn't remember where we were staying.
Here he is calling around all the Lava Hot springs motels... "am I staying there tomorrow?"

Winner! Looks like we're at the Alpaca Inn! A really awesome place - run by really awesome people. I would recommend it for any one.

Not a lot to do in Lava. Hot Springs...but I can only cook so many hours. We did find a really cool 'Lava Museum' that I thought was going to be lame -- but turned out to be full of interesting pioneer artifacts and old things. :) This picture is for my Dad. POSTUM!!
This is an example of those printing press things. I couldn't have this job. I can't spell and you have to put the letters in back words. I'm sure I would be fired very quickly.
Okay so... there is this crazy store call the purple moon. One half is pretty home made jewelry, crystals and incense - and the other have was really scary tools of war. Ben pretended to be Donatello - from the Ninja Turtles for like 10 minutes.
Oh yeah.
Monday the Fetters Family came to visit! I gave Lizzy the remote. You can see her looking at Mamma Muffin....'what do I do with this?'
Then CLICK! ... on comes the food channel.....
....that was awesome.....
A new Sharples/Fetters tradition is tasting. This is the 'Creme soda' edition. Lots of sugar.
Tooo mmuuuccchhhh sssoooodddaaaa...
Virgil's Black Cherry is my favorite. It and many other wonderful sodas can be purchased at Liberty Heights Fresh in Salt Lake on 1300 South and 1100 East. Check it out.
This was the winner - Liked so much that Amanda is reaching for it as I'm taking the picture
HEY! DROP IT!
Over all a great weekend. Very relaxing.
Don't you enjoy those weekends? I made HUGE head way on the blue baby sweater, took naps, Ben played Diablo, watched LOST! (Thank you WIFI)

1 comment:

caron said...

Yay for presidents! In college Ben's building had a door decorating contest, and everyone did cute hearts and frilly stuff. But then Ben's was dedicated to Presidents, and they had the quote wheel and a tribute to Dolly the sheep, who had died that weekend.
I believe it was mexican fiesta that day...
Anyway, yay for presidents!!