Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Travel Log Day 3 Part 1

Catalina Island, California

I like water. I like boats, swimming, waves, etc. My poor husband doesn't really. He had a sea sick patch on the whole trip (which worked well - ask him if you need one).

To get to Catalina Island, you have to take little boats off the ship to the dock. This is us walking down to the little boat.

I love this picture. Things that give you a sense of size. Being up next to the cruise ship sure does make you feel small..
...you doing alright back there?


Pulling into the dock here... I like the little houses build up on the hill. Catalina lsland was actually bought by Wrigley - like Wrigley Gum. Yeah. really. Mr Wrigley paid big bucks to keep the population size (how many residents- could live there) to a minimum to preserve wild life and such. Very pretty place.
I'm sure that many of these places are rentable summer homes, but by whom.......some one with money.

Not sure what the turkey sign is about. But i'm sure a valuable standard.

Pretty flowers in October
Just a picture of the streets...There were areas that were restricted to residents. I think that's a smart idea ---

Part 2 coming soon - botanical gardens and Wrigley's monument.

1 comment:

LRH said...

I think that turkey sign was there when I visited Catalina as well. I also remember a lot of golf carts.