Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Travel Log: Day 3

Day At Sea.

Day 3 was dedicated to just time on the ship. My thought was that there was going to be a lot of down time, lounging and such. Yeah..... you can do that... but there is so much you can do! Again - if you don't drink or gamble - the options are cut down some.
During the day you can go to the spa, enjoy several different performances and genre's of music, eat, watch the hairiest chest competition, mini golf, relax or swim at the pool/hot tub, eat, battle of the sexes, variety shows, the newly wed game, name the song.... did I mention EAT!!


(I don't know why this part is underlined....) This is the top view of the ship - you can lots of lounge chairs, twisty slide, kiddy pools and hot tubs, a stage behind the slide and plenty of life boats (important :))
This is Noortje. I'm not sure if it's okay to put her picture here :) but I only do so because I think she's awesome and the envious job of Cruise Director. She was in charge of our activities and well being, and the coming and goings of the guests. She MCed many shows and was fun to have around and She's from Amsterdam! Which is another fun part of a cruise - the vast majority of the crew are international! The accents, personalities, stories are interesting to get to know.


Eat. I did mention that right? There are nice dinners, cafeteria style meals, and all night buffets. Ben had a frozen yogurt about every 3 hours.


This was a Ben favorite - squash pot pie - looks not so great - but he loved it.

This is my Brazilian style spinach lasagna. Oh yeah.
Though my favorite meal.... I ate this grouper fish..... the best thing I think I've eaten for some time.... tasty.
Of course the classic towel animals... Cute Elephant.

..... and this angry seal. We also got a sting ray. Room service comes in and cleans twice a day! I was amazed how clean the place was all the time....
Aw. Mr. and Mrs. Sharples on 'Elegant Night'

Good day at Sea. Time flies so quickly! I'm telling you - cruising gives you the bang for your buck!

3 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

I have never wanted to go on a cruise until now.

Melissa Clark said...

Kim you and Ben look so good! Wow what a cruise! I can't wait to read about it all. (must wait for kids to sleep) I am excited to follow your blog! Follow mine yo! Miss you and guess what? I still think about ya maybe one day we will all get unbusy and get together huh?

Bubbles...ooo said...

2nd time I am seeing towels being folded into something.....1st time was during my Egypt trip. Nice pics here...