Thursday, January 14, 2010

January Update

This 2010 is going to be a big year. The more I think about it - the more I can add to the list of things that are going on. Mostly Random events.... Promise to keep you updated.

First - last post I mentioned the "Journal Jar" and explanation has been requested. :) I believe this Sunday afternoon tradition started in my mid-later teens and was designed to give my parents a break by sending the kids to the room to 'write in your journal' --- and I don't see anything wrong with that.
Journal Jar was a small mason jar that sat a top the fridge filled with journal writing topics on scraps of paper. Things like 'your favorite vacation', 'your favorite class', '5 things you want to do this year/when you grow up', 'who are your heros?' or even just 'what happened this week'. I think i was the only one who really enjoyed Journal jar.... but I think that it helped me to even more appreciate pouring the thoughts out of my head - regardless how random.


In more current news. We still have the frogs. The Petco guy told us that I don't have to feed them crickets (*shivers*) but we can do meal worms instead (*mild shivers*). So we made up a little worm bowl out of milk lid.... and I guess this is what they think of the new meal plan...

Speaking of meal plans. Don't leave ANYTHING on the floor. Reggie will eat it. WWWHHYY!!?! Yesterday he ate a guitar pick. Earlier this week I found him munching on a banana from Ben's back pack.
Peal and all
Alllllright. That's enough potassium for one day.
I'm caught up on ALL of my knitting projects. I love and hate the moment when I realize I have nothing to do. In taking inventory of my yarn basket - I have several balls of sock yarn but not enough to make a pair of one color. Hum. What if i just made the socks smaller? Then I'd have enough.... don't get overly excited when you see this baby sock. No buns in my oven. Just too many skeins in my basket :)

.... I am incapable of doing a small post.....

Ben's parents got Wii Fit. It has little games designed to keep you moving. The object of this game is to fly from one stand to the next... you can kinda see it on the screen. Ben is the best flyer. "I'm a flyer!"

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So, I totally have one of those journal jars! We made them in relief society! I may even have copies of the papers that you use to make the little topics of anyone has requested them...
I LOVE the pictures of Reggie with the banana! So funny! I actually really enjoy all of your pet pictures, but the reggie ones make me laugh the hardest. it's his cute smooshy face.