Friday, January 1, 2010

Last Hours of 2009

It was weirding me out yesterday that Y2K was a DECADE AGO!! Holy Moses time flies. Ben was in Chile for "Y2K" - and says it wasn't that big of a deal. .... I was at Holly's house - one of the few parties at Holly's. It was the middle of my Jr year - I remember making a toast with my 5 friends... toasting to something long term. So much for that - eh.

Oh well - the present day New Years toast is filled with much more tradition - and no one my age :)

I think for the last 5 years I've been going with Ben to his high school bud's place (Jay) for Ginger bread waffles. They have been doing this New Years tradition for .... wow.... high school? Ben turns 30 this year - so you do the math.
At this shindig are folks Ben's age and the host's little brothers age - 3 yrs older and 3 yrs younger then me (or so)

Anyhow this year - the night starts off with Ben's home made doughnuts. Look out. Fried dough.

Aren't they pretty?This was my job.



At Jays there is OODLES of food, board games, video games, the dick clark count down (that's right ryan seacrest - you'll never replace mr clark)

The majority of the night was spent trying to save the world in Pandemic.
(Andrus's! We must plan another night of gaming. )
(Muffins - We're not convinced that Lt. F would like this because it's not competitive.... we'll have to try it.)

Anyways.... at the final count down I brought out a couple of the left over boxes of our wedding sparklers and it was a total hit. I found it very satisfying to see people I didn't know running down the street with my sparklers :)
Shout out to the Browns :) Happy to hear you're reading about our copacetic life - place put your blog site in the comments! I want to see your scraps quilt and christmas creativeness.

More sparkler fun.... with Jay's little brothers friends? Donno.
Ben and I have a HUGE list of new years goals and realized that it's going to be a HUGE year for us: shelby's wedding :), Ben's last semester of classes, applying and interviewing for out of state residencies, my dad turns 50!, my hubby turns 30!, my brother comes home from his mission....and other things :)
Looking forward to sharing it with you.

5 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

We played it, yo! Like, hours before M was born. Remember?

Melissa said...

Ooooo I LOVE that we were mentioned on your blog! Thanks! Our blog address is sweetlittlebatch@blogspot.com. I have to admit that I have been slow on the posting of my Christmas crafting, but I am in the process of working on it so keep checking back if it isn't there when you look...

LRH said...

I think I was at that New Years party at Holly's too. I remember at midnight a bunch of people went out on her front lawn and were awkwardly wondering if anybody was going to kiss. I think there were a few copouts:)

Becca said...

Fun to hear about the festivities I skipped out on. And funny to see my kiddos running around with sparklers in your pictures. Thanks for documenting it. :)

Cougarg said...

Agreed, I think that's a great idea!