Friday, January 29, 2010

Hey Hay!

Ben and I are together recovering from ... probably the WORST stomach flu I've ever had. Holy moly... I'll spare you the details.. :)


Earlier this week I came home from work and found this on my counter...
"Ben? What is this on the counter?"
"Um. Hay."
"I'm sorry - .... did you say hay?"
"yeah"
...following the little fuzzy trails ....
AH HA!!! He's up to something...
Some time ago - and some how - Ben got his hands on a raw wool - right off the sheep. I don't know where the heck he got it but it's been camped out in our garage for some time. This week - the barn experiments begin. The ultimate goal is to be able to spin it into something fun.
Gotta shake out the HAY (not on the kitchen counter) and wash it out with super hot water and shampoo. Can't agitate too much or it'll felt

Wash rinse repeat.


it'll take a couple of washing sessions before we can start carting. I'll let you know how that goes....In the mean time, the dogs are confused about what kind of animal is living in the bucket...

3 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

Oh no, you got it too?! So sorry. Hope you're both feeling better.......

Melissa said...

You guys seem to embark on the most fun adventures! I am excited to see the progression of this new wool adventure! I am glad you guys are feeling better!

Melissa Clark said...

Ha ha ha! So you have a new pet at your house. Your dogs will be so thrilled until the day he gets spun into something. Love the post, can't wait to see what you spin! Follow my blog, I finally did a family one. it is
http://ourhappenstance.blogspot.com/
Enjoy! xoxoxo