Sunday, February 7, 2010

Bacon Cupcakes and Ancestors

Yeah. That's right.
First - happy Super Bowl. Ben decided to make these cinnamon cake, maple frosting, bacon topped cupcakes. Everyone is hesitant to take a bite... but once they do - EVERYONE stops in their tracks and says - 'whoa. That's good'.
www.foodgawker.com is the source of Ben's power... tap into it.

Next. I don't know if you can see this picture... but let me explain. In church we were introduced to the new church family history data base. It's pretty user friendly and I was impressed the first time a glanced at it. I could tell that my family tree was pretty filled out but it will only show you a couple generation at one time. So tonight - as a sabbath appropriate activity - I wanted to draw out my family tree - so I could stand back in visualize it's magnitude.

As you can see - it's big. It became MUCH more exciting then the super bowl to click on the next generation page and say I CAN'T BELIEVE IT'S STILL GOING!! WHO IS LOOKING UP THIS STUFF AND WHERE DO YOU FIND NAMES FROM THE 16TH CENTURY?!?
Looking through the whole thing got kind over whelming - so I just followed the longest generation line I could find... and it went back 17 generations to ELIZABETH SMITH in 1450!! Wow. Eariler this week I read an January ensign article about a lady that found an uncle who had a family book that had 120 generations. WHAT!?! That's so crazy! Can you imagine the size of that book!
Go check it out.
www.new.familysearch.org
You do need your membership record number.

1 comment:

Ames said...

Cupcake + Bacon = You guys are my new heroes.