Monday, February 15, 2010

Things I learned this week...

This week I learned a lot of stuff.

Ben and I were lucky enough to be given symphony tickets! My first time for me and I learned the difference between Mozart's classical and Dvorak's Romantic period styles. I feel so refined...
Today I (remembered) that today is Reggie's birthday - into the Sharples family. We've now survived him for 2 years. He's a handful but we love him.
Valentines day is awesome. Awesome because Ben and I are so chill about it. It's more of a month of conscious choices of service. I tried to leave little treats/surprises on our table for Ben when he gets home from school. And Ben cooked a really nice dinner this week and gave me a fun pair of ear rings. I love that we take the whole thing 'chil-lax'. :) However this week I learned that I don't like Smiths frosting. I normally LOOVVVE frosting - which is what inspired Ben to get me this monster cupcake. Which is totally fun... but the radio active yellow frosting was... blah. (turns out reg likes it though. I scrapped it off and threw it away and later when --- reg got in the garbage --- it was spread all over the kitchen floor and we had pink paw prints around the house. argh)
I learned that fish don't like warm water. Ben is always saying we need to keep the house kinda warm for the fish -- so, why not warm up the water too when I clean it out? Sadly, this is a 'file photo' -- for the gold fish is no more. :(This week learned that the sweater I have been working on for ben for a YEAR --- is WWWAAYYY to big for him. Ya can't really tell right here...but it's monstrous and super thick. I know that if I unpulled it - there would be enough yarn to make a hat for every head in Haiti.
This week I learned that - swap-bot.com is a lot of fun - but too expensive. You are paired with someone in a group to swap something. From postcards to food. I've been doing post card swaps with international and state wide people (which was fun) but I signed up for a chocolate and yarn swap and ... spent TOO much in just shipping. Fun while it lasted...
This week Ben and I did a - small - fruity/chocolate taste testing. I learned that toffee makes a big difference and so does the jump from 65% to 70% dark choco....
Finally I learned that Tally is scared of birds. Big ones. We went on a walk around Liberty park which has a small aviary and Tally was totally freaked out by the peacock and duck noises. Couldn't see them-- just hear them. She was trying to escape any means possible - including running through the mud over and over and over.
...i hate those quacks...

1 comment:

Becca said...

Too bad the sweater's too big. It looks great! Good work. I'm impressed.