Monday, June 14, 2010

Art

Yeah, I'm 27 - but don't yet feel 'grown up'. I occasionally will have 'grown up moments' when it hits me how old I am.... and I might actually be an adult. I'm consistently hit with reality when I think about my BFF having 2 kids or when Ben and I go to Home Depot for tools or parts.

Today I had that 'adult' moment when I got my first piece of Art. Art I chose and chased and I am real excited about. I have many awesome wall hangings that have been given as gifts or inherited... all very good.
This was painted by my Granny many many many many years ago and is precious to me as a Sharples/Child/Nelson family heirloom.

This was painted by my mother in law for a wedding present! Not bad huh?At work we had a 'family and friends auction' as a fundrasier and silent auction. We bid and won a bunch of stuff including give certificates to ihop, leatherbys, Kimball art center classes, etc. But from the beginning I had my eye on this 'Ireland Poppy'. It's about 2' across and 4 ' tall.... so pretty big and BEAUTIFUL! I did have to bid up over the top of my co worker a couple of times -- but it all paid off and is right at home above the couch. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Congrats! I would have chased after it too!