Saturday, June 19, 2010

Good Saturday

Today was great. I usually have appointments on Saturdays but everyone canceled so I didn't have to got into the office. (Mind you I'll still need to put in some home hours this weekend - so I'm not totally off the hook...) But! I finally got to do 'saturday' things! Went to my first Farmers Market of the season - got rhubarb, Apricot goat cheese, and a Crumb Brothers Danish.

We then helped Shebly and Steve de-roof their new duplex. What is a Saturday with out good hard labor?

B and I took an after noon nap watching Batman Returns. Easy to nap through :)

Did a little fathers day shopping...

Saw Toy Story 3 with Ben's Mom. SO GOOD. I would highly recommend it. I'm NEVER throwing away another toy.

For dinner we got to go to California Pizza Kitchen FOR FREE! A new place opened by my office and we got a special email invite to go for a 'training night'. I would also highly recommend California Pizza Kitchen.

Finally one of my favorite Lauras asks how we keep the heat out of our west facing windows:
Tin Foil. Yeah it's not pretty (oh - is it not pretty) but the reflective tin foil plus some heavy curtains in the evening has helped tremendously. (and we have a swamp cooler :))

Oh! Chickens are growing up nicely. They'll be outside permanently next month. See video of 'Chicken Play Time' HERE.

1 comment:

LRH said...

I have (clearly) been behind on my blog reading! Thanks for posting that picture. You so rock.