Sunday, June 13, 2010

Home is where your mop is.


I've been asked a number of times if our new place feels like home yet. Well, today as I was mopping our huge kitchen floor, for what seemed like the 100th time... I realized that I am feeling more at home. And the more time and effort I put into CLEANING and putting it back together... the more homey I feel.
Introducing - the Duplex!

This is our bedroom. My Mom made that awesome bed spread - it's called "Logan Roads". No I don't like the mirror and I'm still looking for the right wall covering...

Next in our HUGE kitchen - this is pointed north...

...and this is pointed south. I love the natural day light and our sturdy kitchen table. See those cool tall flowers Ben got me from the farmers market? :) Also note the great and terrible bonsai project...This is the front room. New couch, lazy boy, dog bed, and globe lamp. The windows are west facing so we had to put tin foil on the outside and heavy curtins... Sharples don't survive well in heat.

This is the view from the other direction.Very comfyThis...sigh.... in the 2nd bed room. Right now it just where I've been throwing junk that we use on a regular basis and I haven't figured out how to store it... or what to make this room into? Storage? Office? Not sure. There is also a pretty big 'basement' room + wash room which is in worse condition then 2nd bed room (wood room as I call it because it has wood floors). The basement still contains unpacked boxes, tools from the painting job, and chickens :)
Looking forward to putting it all together. Not looking forward to talking it down in a year...

T

2 comments:

Amanda Fetters said...

IT'S HA-UGE!!!! Oh yay... Fetters are so happy for Sharples elbow room.

(And, um, hello? There's a *question* about what to do with the second room???)... (hums a lullaby)

LRH said...

Tin foil? Please explain this mechanism of avoiding heat. I, too, suffer from a hot apartment with windows in full sun..

You put it on the outside of the window?