Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hello, Cupcake!

For Christmas, Ben got me a book called 'Hello, cupcake!' A really fun book of decorating cupcakes. Definitely not good for my thighs --- but so fun make!
Check out the website... I know that you'll want one...
www.hellocupcakebook.com

My first experiment are sunflowers....
- Chocolate cupcakes
- Green frosting
- Normal sized and mini oreos
- Green tootsie roll (warmed up then rolled out and shaped into leaves)
- One 'can' of white frosting (some colored green the rest colored orangeish/yellow)
(I didn't get to do this -but you can put a red m & m with little bit of black frosting... into a lady bug! Awwww...)


This isn't the best one... I would suggest making sure your piped frosting is cold/cool. It makes things not as runny. (Oh -- you don't need a special bag for the piping. Use a ziplock bag with like 6 strips of scotch tape around the tip. Cut the tip in a 'V' shape)

NEXT! OWLS!
Bellow is the needed supplies for owls. SUPER easy.
- fudge frosting
- oreo's in half with junior mint for eyes
- 1/2 oreo cookies for ears
- Nerd candy banana's for beak.







WHHHHOOOOOO????

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROCK!! And these are doubly awesome, because everyone knows that the frosting is the best part. :) I call you're on dessert for our next par-tah...