Saturday, April 4, 2009

Flirty Skirty Chickens

Happy Birthday Ben's Mommy!
Yesterday made a mean birthday dinner of little chickens :), bacon-corn bread, lemon asparagus, and roasted sweat potatoes! He's amazing. Not only does it taste amazing - but he always makes it look so pretty.

Presentation is everything. Phyllis really loved them.
This is my present - the flirty skirty! Muffin helped me picked of the fabric (mostly just held my hand so i didn't panic over too many choices). It's one of my first sewing projects. Very easy - I mostly was freaked out by my Mom's $3000 sewing machine. Ack.
Yeah! Ben got some other kitchen gadget for a matching gift set. I found this project quite satisfying because of how quickly it came together. Kim loves to knit - but it's slow going. I think next time the fabric shouldn't be so busy. A little more solid.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy moley, Batman! Well done. I'm so proud of you (sniff). But no solids. That's boring.