Saturday, May 30, 2009

Been very busy!
Here is the cooking section of our busy-ness.
First is Ben's flan. I don't know much about this. I realize this looks unfinished - and that's because it's not. Cooked for like 2 more hours. Tasted awesome! But all fell apart -texture wise. We feed the left overs to the dogs.
p.s. Flan makes dogs barf :(

More owlies!
These were made for my visiting teachies - "WATCHING OUT FOR YOU! :)" Ha!
They are very easy. Yellow cake mix, dark chocolate frosting, two 1/2 oreos, 1/2 cookies for ears, junior mint eyes, and banana candies for beaks. Very cute.
Ma's Peanut Butter Cookies
1 1/4 cups flour 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup peanut butter 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla 3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter 1/2 cup white sugar
1 egg 1 cup choco chips
Bake 350 for 10 minutes
I LOVE these cookies. Mostly because I grew up with them. I also like them because it's all just stuff you already have around the house. Ben likes his cookies a little more crisp - milk dunking worthy. I like my soft and a gooie. So I cook have the batch 2 or 3 minutes longer so we're both happy!
Ma's No BOIL lasagna
You'll never have a lasagna recipe that's more tasty and the least amount of work. :)
This has spagetti and vodka flavored sauce (don't look at me - ben bought it!). Spread on the bottom, then layered UN COOKED noodles, then a layer of 4 cups cottage cheese + maybe 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and some italian seasoning. spread half that mixture on the noodles, then cooked turkey meat (instead of beef), noodle layer, sause mix, cheese mix, noodles, and sause mix for the last. Make sure the sauce is spread to the edges. Sprinkle mozzerella and parmesan cheese on the top. I like green olives on the top too. :) Bake 1 hour with tin foil covering. Then rest for 10 minutes.

Next blog - summer movie review...

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love the owlies! I might just have to try those.

LRH said...

Chocolate chips are too dangerous to keep stocked in my house. I'm a snitcher. One who snitches. Hee