Sunday, May 10, 2009

Falling Behind

I have about a thousand things to blog about but I have been so busy DOING them.... who has blogging time?
I'm going to try and pace myself over the next couple of days and I show ya what we have been up to.
For my birthday last week Ben bought me a $169 sewing machine! Yeah! Do I sew? Well, No. Not really. But I'm attracted to the idea of finishing a project in under 2 months. I love to knit - but it just takes SO LONG to finish something. And learning to sew has so many practical purposes for the future. Check out my singer! I love that it only has 4 buttons with a big START/STOP button. :)




It also allows me to do some pretty fun and funky designs. I haven't a clue when you would use them... but - meh!
My first sewing project was a couple a table runners for my mother in law - seasonal type things. I bought these 'pre packaged patterns' for the first.

The whole thing was a fantastic learning opportunity.
1. Measure 700 times. (TRY to ) cut once.
2. Cut your strips on counter - even though its super snug with space. The carpet won't give the most reliable surfaces for straight lines.
3. Starch and an ironing BOARD vs towel
4. The spirit and your machine go to bed at midnight.
5. Double sided table runners aren't such a good idea.
This is finished product any ways. I think Phyllis liked it anyways. I'm excited to try a couple more seasons. Starched and one sided.

No comments: