Sunday, May 31, 2009

Summer Movie Review part 1

I really enjoy the summer movie rush. This year's line up looks pretty good. Here is the review so far.....

Angels & Demons

...now I pride myself on the fact that I can just enjoy a good story. Just go along with it. I had trouble with this one. I REALLY enjoyed the book and that usually makes the movies sort of 'blah' because they generally don't live up to the book. You almost HAD to read the book to even follow what the heck they were talking about. Which is sad - Dan Brown creates some awesome detective work and really spells out the history between the ancient artists and the catholic church. Really really cool - but too hard to fit into a 2 hour movie.
Also Tom Hanks is and was all wrong for this part.
But please - don't let me stop you from seeing it. But don't say I didn't warn you.
(defiantly read the book)

Wolverine: X - men Origins

oohhhh.... if you are any kind of x-men fan, this is good. Ya still have to be able to accept weird things....' yah....okay.... so he can grow bone claws....i'm good with that...'
Really good movie.
Only two flaws. The begining isn't thought all the way through and is pretty random. Yah just got to get over it. Second - and this is just me - I generally don't like characters that are just 'all powerful'. I like X-men because the dudes have DEFINED powers and skills. There are a couple dudes in the movie that have just 'power' - like the guy who has a genetic mutation to jump high and can shoot with deadly accuracy? ...naaaahhhh I don't think so. Don't worry - he doesn't last long. And uhhhhh.... Hugh Jackman....HEEELLLLOOOO!!!!.

Finally
Star Trek
AWESOME! I'm not a treky and any shape or form - but I can totally appreciate the excellent acting and story line. You don't have to know any history of star trek to appreciate a good action packed story.
So good
Sharples Movie list continues with:
Up
Terminator
Transformers (Ben's so so on this one)
GI Joe
17 again (I'll see this with Girl Jordan)
9 (if you haven't see this trailer...GET ON IT).
Monsters and Aliens
Harry Potter
G-Force!!(I'll have to trick Ben into going) :)

No comments: